UMM O+N is now at http://ummon.wordpress.com/

Umm has moved to Wordpress.
And those of you kind enough to list me on your blog, please update the link: http://ummon.wordpress.com/
Let's go...

Monday, January 21, 2008

not peeing, just standing

everytime i see men standing by the roadside, i hold my breath -- almost a reflex action. Then I realise, they are just standing... not peeing! And this is Doha, not Chennai... It is difficult to get Chennai out of your psyche.
Same goes when I see people squatting on the road. They are only squatting... nothing more!
Chennai, singara Chennai... hmm, if only people didn't make a public spectacle of their crapping and peeing.

1 comment:

Teesu (very very Indian, very very good) said...

The other day I saw someone peeing -- in front of a school! Now, i understand when you are far away from home, etc and there are not many easily accessible public toilets...still. Choose your place of pee carefully, people! A coincidence is that I wanted to blog about public pissers but you got there first!:)Will do it anyway.