UMM O+N is now at http://ummon.wordpress.com/

Umm has moved to Wordpress.
And those of you kind enough to list me on your blog, please update the link: http://ummon.wordpress.com/
Let's go...

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Yipee… my baby bump was spotted. At last!

The first time, and now again… my baby bump is not an obvious one.

Apart from those who know I am pregnant, no one can make out that I am some 30 weeks far into it. With the help of some maternity clothes and a dramatic tilted walk, only a few can now guess that I am not just a big woman, but one with a bun in the oven.

So imagine my joy today when in my regular clothes, someone managed to guess that I was pregnant.

It took all my self control to not jump on the rather cute security guard and hug him.

I was at the Museum of Islamic Art entrance, when one of the security guards pointed out my bump to his colleague and asked him to let me skip the metal detector routine. And I wasn’t even doing one of my exaggerated pregnancy walks.

Just hope the guys at the airport check-in next week let me skip the economy class and bump me up to business.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the bump show!

Blogeswari said...

Economy to bujiness class-a? aasai dosai applam vadai

Teesu (very very Indian, very very good) said...

Thank God for your self control. Else, who knows how your museum visit would have turned out after you jumped on the guard?;)

Watch all the exaggeration ;)-- a back pain is not the best thing to develop during this magical time!!

Shammi said...

I hope you DO get bumped up to First :)

Anonymous said...

This is really amazing that you was not spotted upto 30 weeks. You have maintained a lot. Now when it is in the open then enjoy your pregnancy. Good luck.