UMM O+N is now at http://ummon.wordpress.com/

Umm has moved to Wordpress.
And those of you kind enough to list me on your blog, please update the link: http://ummon.wordpress.com/
Let's go...

Monday, December 15, 2008

how heavy is your life?

what's the deal with people who have so many dislikes, so many hang ups, so many biases... how do they unwind or just get on with life.

these are well educated people i am talking about -- who can't seem to tolerate people or opinions that are not a mirror image of self.

In short, for these people: if you are not of the same caste or religion, don't speak the same language, have the same quirks, enjoy the same movies or move in a certain circle, then you don't deserve a chance to be respected or tolerated.

If you are so wound up and lost in your prejudices, how do you get a good night's sleep?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didnt mean me, did you? I felt guilty about all the ranting I do on my blog! I just hope I'm not incurably biased... I like to think I'm open to reason :)

umm oviya said...

come on!!!! no way, shyam. from what i know and heard of you, not at all.
in fact, your blog is probably one of the few bias-free ones.
just because someone sounds 'liberal/open' doesn't make them unbiased...

Teesu (very very Indian, very very good) said...

Truly, most hang ups are each person's 'own thing'. But then if you start having more bad things to say about people and things than good, hmmm...it's time for serious introspection. I try this sort of introspection often enough...I HOPE!

Deeps said...

Hey!You've been tagged here http://deeps-speakingup.blogspot.com/2008/12/yet-another-tag.html
I know u must be busy with packing.No hurries,take your time and do the tag if you like it as and when possible.
Will cal u
Take care