UMM O+N is now at http://ummon.wordpress.com/

Umm has moved to Wordpress.
And those of you kind enough to list me on your blog, please update the link: http://ummon.wordpress.com/
Let's go...

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

and then it suddenly dawned on me...

in that one moment i knew...
that single word turned my life around...

why can't i have one of those life-defining moments.
all my realisations and wisdom creep up on me so slowly, so gradually, i don't even realise that something has dawned on me, or my life has turned around, until it's old news.

i keep hearing and reading about such experiences -- where people have risen from extreme poverty, mind-numbing grief, or just found a focus in life, that was missing till then.
i am still waiting for that flash of blinding light, that will open my eyes to a new world...

only thing even close to this experience is when i lost a really great diaper bag, with all the stuff in it. it was a gift from my sister. when i complained and whined about it, she said: "it's just a thing. why does it move you so much."

that has stayed with me... and no 'thing' has ever had a control over me since.

No comments: